Hot Spiced Punch
My favorite punches, hot or cold, are the ones made with pineapple juice. Its flavor definitely comes through. This punch is especially good when the weather is cold, and you need something to warm you up.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 12 cinnamon sticks, broken (3 inches)
- 4 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- Peel of 1 lemon, cut into 1-inch strips
- 9 cups white grape juice
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice and lemon peel in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag.
- In a large kettle, combine the grape juice, pineapple juice, lemonade concentrate and sugar; add the spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until punch reaches desired temperature. Discard spice bag. Serve hot with additional cinnamon sticks if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 182 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Punch in Country December/January 2002