Hot Cranberry Punch
With its spicy ingredients, this thirst-quencher packs a hearty harvest punch. Notes June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa, "The beverage is a cinch to brew for a crowd. And whatever is left can be saved and reheated later."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes18-22 servings (about 1 gallon)
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) cranberry juice
- 4 cups water
- 3-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches), broken
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- In a 24-cup percolator, combine cranberry juice, water, pineapple juice, brown sugar and food coloring if desired. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice in percolator basket; cover and begin perking. When cycle is complete, discard contents of basket. Serve the punch warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 74 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Hot Cranberry Punch in Country Woman September/October 1998