Creamy Peppermint Punch
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- 1/2 gallon peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- 4 cups eggnog
- If desired, moisten the rims of punch glasses with water. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on a plate; dip rims in candies. Set glasses aside.
- Just before serving, combine ice cream, club soda and eggnog in a 4-qt. punch bowl. Serve in prepared glasses.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without peppermint candies): 226 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 27, 2019
Wonderful addition to the holiday festivities! Made for my birthday party but realized we were out of club soda at the last minute so we added milk instead. It was wonderful! I agree with other reviewer that 7 up is also a great substitution.
Dec 23, 2015
It is just okay made with club soda, but using 7UP made it fantastic. Everyone loved it and went back for it several times.
Dec 6, 2014
Thanks for the different ideas of serving ~ on our menu every holiday!
May 17, 2014
This is one of my favorite "punch" recipes. You can make a kid-friendly version by using 4 cups of vanilla soy milk or just plain milk. My kids like the vanilla soy, though. It is rich and creamy. I like making it in the middle of summer on those really hot days to remind of winter.
Dec 29, 2013
Served in a punch bowl at our family Christmas party and the kids loved it, as did the adults! The bowl was empty early in into the festivities. Didn't have club soda so I substituted ginger ale, but I don't think it had much impact on the flavor. And instead of crushed peppermint candies I served with peppermint sticks. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.