Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (10 ounces) Andes creme de menthe baking chips or 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Miniature candy canes, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until set, 12-14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chips. Pour into crust. (Pan will be full.) Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° until center is just set and top appears dull, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir one-fourth whipped topping into mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Spread or pipe onto cheesecake. Garnish with miniature candy canes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 711 calories, 51g fat (33g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 29, 2015
This was a huge hit at our extended family Christmas gathering! I was concerned that it might be too rich but it isn't! This might be my new favorite cheesecake!! :-D Fantastic recipe and not too hard to make.
Dec 22, 2013
If your a big fan of mint chocolate chip- then this is the recipe for you! It's so rich & creamy that a little goes a long way! This recipe is easy to follow and well worth the oohs and awes that come with it, You know it's really good when the whole room gets quiet! It was a big hit at my Christmas party! Thanks Carrie & taste of homes!