Peppermint Stick Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces peppermint candy, crushed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 27 chocolate wafers
- In a small saucepan, combine crushed candy and cream. Cook over low heat until candy is melted, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir into hot peppermint mixture until dissolved. Refrigerate until mixture begins to set, about 20 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
- Crush 3 chocolate wafers; set aside for garnish. Line a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl with 12 wafers. Top with half of the peppermint mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chocolate crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours. If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed peppermint candy just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 250 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 4, 2020
My son and I both thought this sounded delicious and easy. Bonus is we had everything on hand already too. However, the first time we tried to make this the gelatin mixture fully set in the 20 minute the recipe calls for cooling. We tried this a second time with only 10 minutes of cooling and still couldn't get the gelatin mixture to incorporate with the whipped cream. I'm irritated at wasting so much and not having a dessert to bring to a family function. Not sure I have the patience to try again. I also don't know what to do differently to actually make this work since adding a hot/warm mixture to whipped cream won't work.
Dec 12, 2019
Refreshing and delicious. Love a dessert that's not too "heavy" but still sweet and flavorful. This one hits the mark all the way around!