Peppermint Cheesecake on a Stick
Surprise guests with a fun holiday treat--dipped cheesecake wedges you can eat without a fork. Whenever my son has one, he jokes that he wants to quit his job so he can sell them!—Maria Morelli, Kelowna, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + freezing Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup eggnog or half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies (about 35 candies)
- 12 wooden pop sticks
- 28 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup green candy coating disks, melted
- 1/4 cup red candy coating disks, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, eggnog, cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in peppermint candies. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Cut cheesecake into 12 slices; gently insert a wooden stick into the wide end of each. Place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; freeze until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture over each slice until all sides are coated; allow excess to drip off. (Keep remaining slices in freezer until ready to dip.) Place on a waxed paper-lined baking pan. Seal any gaps by drizzling with melted chocolate, reheating chocolate if necessary. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.
- Decorate with melted candy coating as desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 951 calories, 64g fat (37g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as EGGNOG CRANBERY CHEESECAKE ON A STICK in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.