Peppermint Cheesecake on a Stick
Surprise guests with a fun holiday treat—dipped cheesecake wedges you can eat without a fork. Whenever my son has one, he jokes that he wants to quit his job so he can sell them! —Maria Morelli, Kelowna, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + freezing Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup eggnog or half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies (about 35 candies)
- 12 wooden pop sticks
- 28 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup green candy coating disks, melted
- 1/4 cup red candy coating disks, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, eggnog, cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in peppermint candies. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 60-65 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Cut cheesecake into 12 slices; gently insert a wooden stick into the wide end of each. Place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; freeze until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture over each slice until all sides are coated; allow excess to drip off. (Keep remaining slices in freezer until ready to dip.) Place on a waxed paper-lined baking pan. Seal any gaps by drizzling with melted chocolate, reheating chocolate if necessary. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.
- Decorate with melted candy coating as desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 951 calories, 64g fat (37g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.