Layered Peppermint Icebox Cake
Our home economists take four ingredients and turn them into an impressive, no-bake cake. Do-ahead desserts don't get any better! —Taste Of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate wafers
- Edible flowers of your choice, chocolate curls and crushed candy canes, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, sugar and extract on high until stiff peaks form. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Fill with whipped cream.
- On a serving plate, arrange seven cookies in a circle, using one cookie in the center. Pipe 2/3 cup whipped cream over cookies. Repeat layers nine times. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with flowers, chocolate curls and crushed candy if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 605 calories, 42g fat (23g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Icebox Cake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011