Candy Cane Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- Crushed peppermint candy and whipped topping, optional
- Combine the first three ingredients; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; add flour and mix well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended. Stir in sour cream. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt vanilla chips. Remove from the heat. Add 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture, extract and a few drops of food coloring; mix well. Pour half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust. Top with half of the peppermint mixture; swirl with a knife. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes longer or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with crushed candy and whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 233 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 23, 2013
Can this be frozen?
Dec 22, 2011
I made this last year and my family loved it! They are asking specifically for this recipe for the holidays. Delicious.
Aug 12, 2011
This was a very pretty cheesecake. It was ok, but it really wasn't sweet enough. The actual cake itself was not nearly as good as I expected.
Jan 1, 2011
This was a very good recipe, but instead of garnishing the cheesecake with peppermint candies, I crushed up some peppermint candies and actually put them in the cheesecake batter. VERY good!
Jan 3, 2010
I made this for a christmas party & it was gone very quickly...everyone said it was delicious & asked for more, good thing I had other desserts. I substituted Andies peppermint bits for the crushed candy cane bits!!
Jan 1, 2008
I served this cheesecake along with 2 others at a holiday party. the presentation of this cheesecake was fantastic, however, it wasn't very popular. I'm not a big peppermint person, but the reaction I got from my guests is that it was good, but more peppermint would be better (I only used 1/2t) The other interesting comment I heard was that the taste of the cheesecake and the peppermint didn't blend real well together, however, the suggestion was made to use a chocolate cheesecake base in the future. I think for next year I way try to come up with something like that, because I really liked the idea of having a candy cane cheesecake at a holiday party!