Peppermint Stick Sauce
This pepperminty sauce is one of my favorite Christmas gifts to give. I package it in a decorative jar, then add a container of chopped nuts to sprinkle over the topping.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth and candy is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into small airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator. Serve warm over ice cream or cake.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 76 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Peppermint Stick Sauce in Country Woman Christmas 1997