Holiday Wassail Punch
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 4 cups apple juice
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 can (11.3 ounces) pineapple nectar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 8 whole allspice
- 8 to 10 orange slices
- Apple slices and fresh cranberries, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, mix first six ingredients. Place cinnamon sticks and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place spice bag and orange slices in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Discard spice bag and orange slices. If desired, top punch with apple and cranberries. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 114 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 4, 2018
Nov 18, 2016
This is easy and tasty, especially if it is cold outside. If you are in a hurry, you can heat it in a pot on the stove instead of in the slow cooker. It also keeps for a few days, so if you have any left over, you can keep it and heat it up later. I wasn't sure where to find pineapple nectar when I first made it, but it is in the juice section. The brand I found is a Mexican brand called Jumex.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.