Hot Holiday Cider
This slightly tart apple cider is perfect for a holiday open house. It fills the room with a wonderful aroma. —Cindy Tobin, West Bend, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes16 servings (about 3/4 cup each)
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Place first four ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Place spices on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours. Discard spice bag. Serve warm.