Hot Apple Pie Drink
A perfect holiday drink for adults, these are simple and fun to make.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 ounces orange liqueur
- 1-1/2 ounces brandy
- Sweetened whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat the first six ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in orange liqueur and brandy. Pour into mugs; garnish with whipped cream and additional nutmeg if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 279 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Hot Apple Pie in Country Woman Christmas 2010