Quick Apple Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or strawberry jelly, melted
- In a large skillet, saute apples, sugar and lemon juice in butter until apples are tender. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 1 cup milk, dry pudding mix and lemon zest. Add remaining milk; beat until thickened. Spread into pastry shell. Arrange apples over filling. Brush with preserves. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Brush with additional preserves if desired.
Nov 26, 2013
This was really easy to make and tastes great!
Sep 21, 2012
added some maple syrup to the apple mixture in the skillet and to the cream cheese mixture in the mixer. Came out well. Served after 4 hours. Over all a good recipe to have that isnt expensive or time consuming
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.