Quick Apple Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or strawberry jelly, melted
- In a large skillet, saute apples, sugar and lemon juice in butter until apples are tender. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 1 cup milk, dry pudding mix and lemon zest. Add remaining milk; beat until thickened. Spread into pastry shell. Arrange apples over filling. Brush with preserves. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Brush with additional preserves if desired.
Jan 18, 2020
This was our (my 8 yr old who wants to be a baker and I) first time making this, we made a few mistakes. lol Accidentally bought pudding mix that needed to be cooked and didn't realize it till after we had added it to the mix so we (intrinsically) put the apricot preserves on the bottom. Because of the pudding mix up we also put the apples on the bottom and then poured the thin liquid pudding mix on top. baked it at 450 for 25 mins, chilled over night and much to our surprise it was still super yummy!
Nov 26, 2013
This was really easy to make and tastes great!
Sep 21, 2012
added some maple syrup to the apple mixture in the skillet and to the cream cheese mixture in the mixer. Came out well. Served after 4 hours. Over all a good recipe to have that isnt expensive or time consuming