Tipsy Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, brandy and ginger. Pour into crust.
- Place the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form; sprinkle over pie. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 335 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2012
Made this yesterday. It was wonderful. I usually don't use pie filling but decided to give this a try. I am a little upset sometimes when people give a negative review and have obviously not made it.
Nov 24, 2012
would not use apple pie fillingNEVER USE APPLES FROM A CAN.
Oct 8, 2012
This is SO easy to make, delicious, and if you get the crimping right, looks fabulous!
Aug 9, 2012
I would make a change on the amount of brandy.