Holiday Hot Buttered Rum Mix
My family loves serving this rich and delicious beverage around the holidays. It can be made with or without alcohol, so everyone enjoys it! —Alisa Pirtle, Browns Valley, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes52 servings (13 cups hot buttered rum mix)
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- EACH SERVING:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in vanilla and ice cream. Store in freezer containers in freezer. To prepare buttered rum drink: Place 1/4 cup butter mixture in a 10- or 12-ounce mug. Stir in boiling water and rum. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
Originally published as Hot Toddy Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.