Easy Hot Spiced Cider
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2-1/2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cinnamon stick and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Discard spice bag; continue to cook 1-2 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 218 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 6, 2010
This was an excellent spiced cider. Made it for a work gathering and everyone LOVED it!
Oct 9, 2010
This is goodI use fresh refrigerated apple cider and instant mulling spices from Raven's Nest.888-372-8367 $3.25 for 6oz. I am alone and don't want a whole cooker full of cider at once. Using a 1/2 tsp per mug is cost effective for me.
Oct 7, 2010
I like less sweetness to my cider. I just used Basiks at Home Holiday Mulling Blend with all natural Apple Cider. It had more of a spicey flavor than sweet. But I did enjoy this recipe without the added sugar.
Dec 14, 2009
This is a wonderful recipe it made the whole house smell like heaven.....and it tasted great
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.