Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- Place cinnamon, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form a bag.
- Place cider and brown sugar in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir until sugar dissolves. Add spice bag. Place orange slices on top. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 177 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2018
My family enjoys this recipe without the oranges.
Oct 2, 2017
Dec 16, 2015
Delicious! Easy to make, had lots of great comments on the flavor. Will be a family fav hot beverage for both Thanksgiving and Christmas
Nov 24, 2015
It is very good.
Oct 26, 2015
I made this for a fall party with all my coworkers everybody loved it! it was gone before the end of the party! I even double the recipe! I only used half the amount of the brown sugar and I did not have a whole allspice so I did omit that completely ! I can't wait to make it for Thanksgiving like other reviewer suggested
Nov 27, 2014
This was very good my family loved it !
Oct 31, 2013
Delicious! I didn't have an orange, but all my friends loved it! I also put my crockpot on high for only 2 hours and it worked great.
Dec 24, 2012
I don't like my cider overly sweet, so I made this recipe using 1/2 the amount of brown sugar, so just 1/4 cup. It was delicious and smelled wonderful! I was also in a hurry and only had 2.5 hours to mull it, so I set my crockpot on high instead of low to speed things up.
Nov 22, 2012
This was a big hit on Thanksgiving!
Oct 18, 2012
Couldn't have been more satisfying. A huge hit in our house and will become a part of our regular fall recipes!