Hot Mulled Wine
For a festive holiday drink or something to keep you warm during those cold winter months, you'll love trying this warming wine.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Place cinnamon sticks, cloves and rosemary on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, cranberries, sugar, bourbon, orange juice and zest. Add spice bag. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 129 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Hot Mulled Wine in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2011