Slow-Cooker Mac and Cheese
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-3/4 hours
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add butter. In a large bowl, mix 3 cups cheese, evaporated milk, condensed soup, 2% milk and eggs. Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with paprika.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 502 calories, 28g fat (18g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2018
Was not smooth or creamy. Cheese and/ or milk curdled. Was greasy, did not need so much butter? Will not make again.
Apr 1, 2018
Love this for dinners
Mar 28, 2018
Very good, but I wish it was creamier.
Jan 24, 2018
Why do people put eggs in macaroni and cheese. There is no need for it.
Mar 10, 2017
This was my first try at mac n cheese. I was really excited to put into the slow cooker, and it turned out fabulous! (I was a little worried when reading other reviews). I used reduced fat cheese and fat free evaporated milk. Also added cubes of ham. It was delicious, my teenagers loved it and I will definitely be making it again!
Feb 23, 2017
I thought this was wonderful! I loved being about to leave it in the slow cooker! My only tip, use a slow cooker liner, makes clean up a breeze!
Jan 10, 2017
not a review - but rather a comment - think tajabala was using Sweetened Condensed milk - Nothing in recipe even suggests that it should taste like sugar. Some people do not know the difference in Evaporated Milk and Sweetened Condensed milk - I suspect that this is the case here. This may also be the explanation for the cheese separating.
Sep 18, 2016
This is the worst Mac & Cheese recipe I have ever tasted. I followed this recipe EXACTLY and some of the poor reviews (about the cheese separating and not tasting cheesy, etc...) were 100% accurate. Honestly, it tasted like Elbows Macaroni and sugar. The evaporated milk made this too sweet. I will NEVER make this recipe again. Make anything but this one folks. Absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!!
Sep 4, 2016
This was my first time making Mac and cheese in a slow cooker. I would definitely make it again. Very easy to make. I did add a few spices, ground mustard, onion powder, salt, pepper. The only advice would be to spray the inside of the slow cooker.
Apr 2, 2016
My family was soooooo impressed, because I'm normally a box Macaroni mom, and I hit a home run with this recipe! Made me the rockstar of Easter Dinner for sure!