Slow-Cooker Bacon Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
Makes18 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Stir in pasta and cheeses; transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-3-1/2 hours or until pasta is tender. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes before serving. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 272 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 2, 2017
This was ready in 2 1/2 - 3 hours - so like another review said - watch your cooking times or you get mush. I add 1 Tablespoon Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning; 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic and 1/2 finely diced small red onion for extra flavor - Yum!!!!
Nov 23, 2017
Thank you for this! Finally! A mac & cheese recipe that tastes just like the dish Mom used to make. I substituted a slightly sharper cheese to get there, but it is perfection! And just way too quick and easy. My family sends their gratitude!
Sep 19, 2017
Made this recipe for a potluck at our marina! Easy and yummy!
Aug 17, 2017
I was very disappointed. Tasted bland to me.
May 24, 2017
This turned out to be a curdled mess and was pretty tasteless. I ended up throwing it in the garbage. I'd never make it again.
Feb 10, 2017
Yum!! This was easy to put together ahead of time. I added some Worstershire, dry mustard, and a little cayenne; as I do with most of time when I make Mac and Cheese. It did not take as long as the directions said. I had tasted it at 2 ? hours and thought it was about ready but let it go 15 minutes longer, it came out a bit mushy. So I recommend tasting it and not going with 3 – 3/12 hours right away.
Oct 10, 2016
I have made this twice now. Very simple and easy and feeds a crowd! I did not think the bacon added much so I omitted it the second time. You could put this in a casserole dish in the oven with breadcrumbs to get a crispy topping.
Dec 19, 2015
Amazing! And so easy - I just did it all in the slow-cooker. No muss, no fuss!