Slow-Cooker Bacon Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients until blended. Stir in pasta and cheeses; transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until pasta is tender, 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes before serving. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 272 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Dec 2, 2017
This was ready in 2 1/2 - 3 hours - so like another review said - watch your cooking times or you get mush. I add 1 Tablespoon Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning; 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic and 1/2 finely diced small red onion for extra flavor - Yum!!!!
Nov 23, 2017
Thank you for this! Finally! A mac & cheese recipe that tastes just like the dish Mom used to make. I substituted a slightly sharper cheese to get there, but it is perfection! And just way too quick and easy. My family sends their gratitude!
Sep 19, 2017
Made this recipe for a potluck at our marina! Easy and yummy!
Aug 17, 2017
I was very disappointed. Tasted bland to me.
May 24, 2017
This turned out to be a curdled mess and was pretty tasteless. I ended up throwing it in the garbage. I'd never make it again.
Feb 10, 2017
Yum!! This was easy to put together ahead of time. I added some Worstershire, dry mustard, and a little cayenne; as I do with most of time when I make Mac and Cheese. It did not take as long as the directions said. I had tasted it at 2 ? hours and thought it was about ready but let it go 15 minutes longer, it came out a bit mushy. So I recommend tasting it and not going with 3 – 3/12 hours right away.
Oct 10, 2016
I have made this twice now. Very simple and easy and feeds a crowd! I did not think the bacon added much so I omitted it the second time. You could put this in a casserole dish in the oven with breadcrumbs to get a crispy topping.
Dec 19, 2015
Amazing! And so easy - I just did it all in the slow-cooker. No muss, no fuss!