Low-Fat Macaroni and Cheese
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- In a blender or food processor, combine the milk, cheeses, flour and pepper. Cover and process until creamy. Pour into a bowl; stir in macaroni and onion. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 271 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2014
This is great!
Mar 5, 2013
I was a tad hesitant to do a low fat version. However it turned out wonderful. Be sure to not cook too long--i had put it in a 13x9 pan and did not need to bake as long. Everyone loved it and my family had no clue it was low fat!
Sep 30, 2012
THe video recipe is different from the printed one. The video recipe is better. Should be consistent.
Sep 30, 2012
The written recipe does not match the video. The recipe in the video seems better. They should at least be consistent!
Jan 15, 2009