Easy Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine soup, milk, sour cream, butter and seasonings; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cheese mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1-2 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 346 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 3, 2018
So easy! Loved this. I made a few substitutions based on what I had on hand. I used pinwheel pasta (3 cups uncooked) instead of elbow macaroni, 1/2 cup of cheese spread in place of the sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup. I also used shredded 4-cheese blend and added 1/4 tsp. dry mustard. If was so creamy and full of flavor!
Dec 8, 2017
Nov 24, 2017
Definitely a 5 star hit with my family. Will be making it again.
Nov 24, 2017
VERY DRY. NOT ENOUGH LIQUID. ALL COMPLAINED NOT ENOUGH CHEESE
Aug 7, 2017
I make this all of the time for a large group get together, summer pot lucks with kids. I do omit the onion powder and add a dash of nutmeg instead. I have used a combination of cheeses, i.e. cheddar, Swiss. Italian blend. It always turns out great. Easy to make a double batch in a 6 qt. slow cooker. Just don't over cook in the crockpot, or the pasta will get mushy. I usually turn it off low after an hour and leave it on warm.
Mar 25, 2017
Fantastic, one of the best Mac n Cheese recipes out there. I use any 3 cheeses that I have around and it's still amazing. Only thing I add for personal preference is mustard powder.
Jan 1, 2017
I have made this twice & it's definitely a crowd pleaser! I double the recipe & mix the milk, sour cream, & cheeses in the crock pot to allow cheese to melt instead of using a pan. Easier & less clean up
Sep 5, 2016
Cheesy, Creamy, Endulgent!
Jul 7, 2016
Absolutely loved it!!! This is a keeper, only thing I changed was to add some ground mustard. Thanks for sharing!!
Jun 22, 2016
Delicious and a big hit at our potluck party! I will definitely make it again.