Easy Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine soup, milk, sour cream, butter and seasonings; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cheese mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1-2 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 346 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 3, 2018
So easy! Loved this. I made a few substitutions based on what I had on hand. I used pinwheel pasta (3 cups uncooked) instead of elbow macaroni, 1/2 cup of cheese spread in place of the sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup. I also used shredded 4-cheese blend and added 1/4 tsp. dry mustard. If was so creamy and full of flavor!
Dec 8, 2017
Nov 24, 2017
Definitely a 5 star hit with my family. Will be making it again.
Nov 24, 2017
VERY DRY. NOT ENOUGH LIQUID. ALL COMPLAINED NOT ENOUGH CHEESE
Aug 7, 2017
I make this all of the time for a large group get together, summer pot lucks with kids. I do omit the onion powder and add a dash of nutmeg instead. I have used a combination of cheeses, i.e. cheddar, Swiss. Italian blend. It always turns out great. Easy to make a double batch in a 6 qt. slow cooker. Just don't over cook in the crockpot, or the pasta will get mushy. I usually turn it off low after an hour and leave it on warm.
Mar 25, 2017
Fantastic, one of the best Mac n Cheese recipes out there. I use any 3 cheeses that I have around and it's still amazing. Only thing I add for personal preference is mustard powder.
Jan 1, 2017
I have made this twice & it's definitely a crowd pleaser! I double the recipe & mix the milk, sour cream, & cheeses in the crock pot to allow cheese to melt instead of using a pan. Easier & less clean up
Sep 5, 2016
Cheesy, Creamy, Endulgent!
Jul 7, 2016
Absolutely loved it!!! This is a keeper, only thing I changed was to add some ground mustard. Thanks for sharing!!
Jun 22, 2016
Delicious and a big hit at our potluck party! I will definitely make it again.