Crispy Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl combine the first six ingredients. Pour milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 430 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 785mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 13, 2018
We had this chicken tonight and it is a clear winner. I used chicken thighs and they were scrumptious. So nice and crispy and such a good flavor. I highly recommend this delicious recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jun 25, 2017
This is my wife's favorite way to fix chicken. It's so easy to prepare and everyone loves it!! I fix it also.
Jul 8, 2015
It was pretty good.
Jun 27, 2015
Easy and delicious
Mar 3, 2015
Feb 5, 2015
Excellent. Used just wings cut in two pieces. Breasts might dry out cooked 50 minutes. Just had a day old leftover- yummy.
Feb 10, 2014
This is the only "fried" chicken I make. Super easy and taste great!!
May 16, 2013
Everyone I have made this for can't believe it's baked not fried. My husband is picky and he loves it.
Jul 9, 2012
I made this for dinner .. It was good and will make it again...
Nov 7, 2011
My bf loved it; he says #1 spot on the list of faves!