Slow-Cooker Baked Apples
Coming home to this irresistible dessert on a dreary day is just wonderful; it’s slow-cooker easy. — Evangeline Bradford, Erlanger, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 medium tart apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Core apples and peel the top third of each if desired. Combine the raisins, brown sugar and orange zest; spoon into apples. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Pour water around apples. Drizzle with orange juice concentrate. Dot with butter. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed apple: 203 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Crock Pot Baked Stuffed Apples in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.