Slow-Cooker Chai Tea
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 15 slices fresh gingerroot (about 3 ounces)
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 25 whole cloves
- 15 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 8 black tea bags
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Place first 5 ingredients on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place spice bag and water in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 8 hours. Discard spice bag.
- Add tea bags; steep, covered, 3-5 minutes according to taste. Discard tea bags. Stir in milk; heat through. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 109 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 28, 2019
Please tell Kareninflorida there is no mistake sweetened condensed milk is canned milk with a ton of sugar in it wonderful authentic NAAFI tea recipe
Aug 21, 2019
Great recipe I will definitely be making this recipe again . Thank you
May 13, 2019
Sounds delicious, but I think there may be some ingredients missing from the recipe. The instructions mention milk, but there isn't any milk listed in the ingredients. Also, is it meant to be unsweetened?
Mar 27, 2017
Great recipe, I made it twice and both times I had none left over. I really make your house smell like Christmas. Will definitely make it again.
Feb 8, 2014
Absolutely wonerful! I like it a little sweeter, so I put in more conensed milk but the spice combination was perfect.