Here’s an easy dressing that’s perfect for Thanksgiving get-togethers. Once it’s in the slow cooker, you’re free to turn your attention to the other dishes. —Rita Nodland, Bismarck, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute celery and onion until tender. Place stuffing cubes, celery mixture and seasonings in a large bowl; toss to combine. Gradually stir in broth.
- Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 226 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Dressing in Slow Cooker in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.