Instant Spiced Tea
For a fun holiday hostess gift, pour this festive blend into a decorated 12-ounce jelly jar. The recipe, from field editor Shirley Heston of Pickerington, Ohio, makes enough to fill two jars.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes3 cups mix (48 servings)
- 2 cups orange breakfast drink mix
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1/3 cup sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
- For one serving: Pour 1 cup boiling water into a mug; stir in 1 tablespoon tea mix until dissolved.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 40 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Instant Spiced Tea in Taste of Home December/January 2006