Spiced Apple Tea
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 cups water
- 5 tea bags
- Additional cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Strain juice mixture, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Stir into tea. Serve warm, with additional cinnamon sticks if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 47 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2018
Great and simple recipe ! Easy to make. I personally would recommend you squeeze half an orange in when mixing the spiced apple juice and tea to add zest and that little more enchanted sweeteness otherwise you risk this being slightly blander than expected.My question is to anyone reading how long do you think this would keep afterward I’m assuming 24 hours but maybe more however unsure ?
Sep 19, 2015
As is, I give this recipe 3 stars. It was okay, but before I took that first sip I was expecting a tad more sweetness, which I thought would come from the apple juice. I loved the idea of not having to add sugar, but after tasting it I knew that was the only way I would be able to drink it. I ended up adding about 1/4 cup of sugar and it was perfect for my taste.
Jan 29, 2010
This is a delicious tea and one my family loves hot. It's good for cold days and makes my family very happy. It's a keeper, for sure.