Hot Spiced Green Tea
With ginger, lemon and honey, this balanced tea is ideal for any time of day or occasion. The aromatic drink smells as wonderful as it tastes. — Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bags and spices. Stir honey into tea. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 33 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Green Tea in Light & Tasty February/March 2008
Nov 18, 2012
Even the non-tea-drinkers in my family loved this warm, delicious beverage
Dec 28, 2011
A great way to drink green tea! I made it for a friend recently and she thought it was yummy!