Hot Cranberry Tea
Cinnamon-infused cranberries combine with orange and lemon juices for a not-too-sweet beverage. The crimson color is perfect for the holiday season.—Sarah Dennis Scott, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 3 quarts water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water, cranberries and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until berries pop, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Discard cinnamon. Strain cranberry mixture through a cheesecloth-lined colander. Return to Dutch oven. Stir in the sugar, orange juice and lemon juice; heat through. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 149 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Hot Cranberry Tea in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010