Cranberry Wild Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, cranberries and thyme in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain rice if needed; stir in onion mixture and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 24, 2012
This was a really delicious side dish I made for Christmas. My sister-in-law is gluten free, and I am always looking for recipes she can enjoy. The combination of ingredients were very good, and easy to put together.
Nov 8, 2011
I love the flavors in this dish. I made it with a wild rice blend rather than just wild rice.
Dec 13, 2010
yes for it was great
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.