Wild Rice Waldorf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice. In a large bowl, combine the rice, apples, celery and pineapple. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 192 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 17, 2017
This was very good and a different type of salad. I forgot to add the nuts, but didn't miss them. I'm sure it would be great with them as well.
Nov 7, 2010
The flavors are excellent. I didn't have lemon juice, I used lime instead. I have had several requests for the recipe, and it will definitely be on my holiday table.