Wild Rice Waldorf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice. In a large bowl, combine the rice, apples, celery and pineapple. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 192 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 17, 2017
This was very good and a different type of salad. I forgot to add the nuts, but didn't miss them. I'm sure it would be great with them as well.
Nov 7, 2010
The flavors are excellent. I didn't have lemon juice, I used lime instead. I have had several requests for the recipe, and it will definitely be on my holiday table.