Nutty Wild Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the water, rice and soy sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Remove from the heat.
- Drain rice if necessary. Stir in onion mixture.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 236 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 5, 2015
This was quite good. I did use pecans in place of almonds, but that was the only change I made. will make again in the future.
May 26, 2014
This was delicious and much healthier than the boxed rice pilaf I usually make. Will definitely be added to my recipe collection.
Jan 16, 2011
Delicious and easy.
Dec 22, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.