Nutty Wild Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the water, rice and soy sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Remove from the heat.
- Drain rice if necessary. Stir in onion mixture.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 236 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 5, 2015
This was quite good. I did use pecans in place of almonds, but that was the only change I made. will make again in the future.
May 26, 2014
This was delicious and much healthier than the boxed rice pilaf I usually make. Will definitely be added to my recipe collection.
Jan 16, 2011
Delicious and easy.
Dec 22, 2009