Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 4 individual tea bags
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups milk
- Place cloves and peppercorns in a large bowl; with the end of a wooden spoon handle, crush spices until aromas are released.
- Add the tea bags, sugar, ginger, cinnamon stick and boiling water. Cover and steep for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the milk.
- Strain tea, discarding spices and tea bags. Stir in hot milk. Pour into mugs.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 92 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 18, 2012
I have always used a powdered mix in a big can from Sam's Club. Lately I have been experimenting with 'from scratch' recipes which I find very good! I will be making these often but will keep my can around for a fast fix. Thanks everyone....
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.