Caramel-Chai Tea Latte
Inspired by the spicy chai drinks served at coffee shops, I whipped up a caramel-drizzled latte I can enjoy at home anytime. —Katelyn Kelly, Perryville, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 10 chai-flavored black tea bags
- 1/3 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream and hot caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water and milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add tea bags. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; continue steeping, covered, 5 minutes.
- Squeeze excess liquid from all tea bags into tea; discard tea bags. Stir in caramel syrup. If desired, top servings with whipped cream and caramel topping.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Torani brand flavoring syrup. Look for it in the coffee section.
Originally published as Delight In a Glass in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015