Chai Tea Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes32 servings (8 cups tea mix)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 1-1/2 cups powdered French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. In a blender, cover and process tea mixture in batches until powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare chai tea: Place 1/4 cup mix in a mug. Add hot milk; stir until combined.
Nutrition Facts1 cup chai tea: 257 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
May 8, 2017
Would like to know where we can buy the instant tea, tried a few stores and they dont carry it. Pls help!!
Dec 23, 2015
Thought it was really good. My husband said it was too sweet. Giving it as gift for Christmas
Jan 20, 2015
This is amazing! I believe that blending the ingredients is the key to a perfect drink every time. My daughter says that this is way better than Starbuck's.
Dec 3, 2014
This sounds really good sans all the sugar which I noticed you didn't put in the break down for nutritional content. That is an enormous amount of sugar! Will be experimenting and hoping to keep the integrity of the tea. Thanks.
Nov 6, 2014
This mix is very good. My husband asks me often to make it. It reminds me of the chai tea cappuccinos that you can get at some of the gas station cappuccino machines but it tastes much, much better!
Jan 14, 2014
This is an excellent recipe! It was quick, simple and makes a great gift! I will be using this recipe forever!
Dec 28, 2013
Delicious! So easy to make and easier to drink!
Nov 23, 2013
I will make this for Christmas, however will be using splenda, both brown and white. Thank you!!!!
Apr 20, 2013
tast so good
Dec 20, 2012
Holy smokes this is good!