Berries in Champagne Jelly
My sister gave me this recipe a few years back when I was looking for an elegant fruit dish to serve guests. I sometimes serve this party-pretty fruit treat at brunch—just before the main dish. It’s also sparkly and special enough to double as a light dessert. —Andrea Barnhoom, Scottsville, New York
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups champagne
- 2 cups sparkling grape juice
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 2 minutes. Add sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved (do not boil). Remove from heat. Slowly stir in champagne and grape juice.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight. Using a potato masher, gently break up champagne jelly. Layer jelly and berries in 12 dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours before serving.