Tart Cranberry Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk egg, orange juice, butter and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with flour. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 138 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Mar 24, 2018
This bread is delicious!! I would like to try it with whole wheat flour.Thank you for sharing this recipe :)
Mar 17, 2018
Easy and tasty. Add 1 tbsp cinnamon, sub 1 tbsp vanilla in Lieu of water, 1/2 cup of sugar walnuts. Sprinkle And pat down brown sugar over the top. Voila
Dec 5, 2017
this was a very yummy bread and easy to make and bake plan on giving some as Christmas gifts.
Dec 19, 2014
Great recipe. I amped it up with 1 T of orange zest, cut the cranberries into smaller bits and made the into mini muffins. Hubby loves them!
Jan 13, 2013
I made these for family for Christmas. I love cranberry bread and this recipe was perfect.
Dec 24, 2012
So easy and tasty. I made two loaves with cranberries and then substituted blueberries for the third loaf.
Nov 25, 2012
I sat down to read my Healthy Cooking yesterday while watching college football. I saw this recipe and remembered I had about 2 cups of cranberries leftover that I hadn't used with our Thanksgiving cranberry salad. So, my son and I baked two loaves of this bread. We had one with supper last night, and I gave the other way to some relatives we met for breakfast this morning. I will be making several of these for holiday gifts. I like that it is tart and not to sweet. Great recipe!
Nov 24, 2012
This bread was super easy to make and my family and friends raved about it! They thought for sure I had bought it from a bakery. I will be making this again and again!