Orange Cranberry Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and orange zest; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and apple.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 98 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 23, 2018
very good bread... moist, with the pleasant tang of fresh cranberries. The apples give a little sweetness, which is nice.
Dec 5, 2017
can not print recipe????
Jul 27, 2016
The combination of sweet and tart in this recipe is amazingly wonderful. I used Splenda for baking and Carbmaster fat free milk in place of the sugars and 2% milk because I'm on Weightwatchers, and used self-rising flour with a little added baking powder because that's what I had on hand. Turned out amazing! I'll definitely save this recipe and make it again.
Apr 28, 2015
I halved the recipe since I didn't need quite so much, but accidentally didn't halve the amount of apple called for and this still turned out fantastic! I also used an entire bag of fresh cranberries chopped finely. These were a hit!
Jan 12, 2015
Delicious and low-fat. I used half whole wheat flour, and mashed banana for half the sugar. I swirled my leftover Christmas cranberry sauce (instead of chopped cranberries) into the batter right before baking. Yummy!
Oct 26, 2014
WOW, this is best orange cranberry bread ever! I used walnuts inplace of the apples and added an extra 1/4 cup OJ and used dried cranberriesand it was simply delicious!
Mar 16, 2013
Best cranberry bread I ever made. Great with butter, ice cream, Cool Whip or cream cheese.
Nov 29, 2011
you"ve got a Winner here. Very Good! It`s nice to know us men can cook to. Great Job!
Nov 29, 2011
Great with whole wheat flour. Skim milk worked fine.~ Theresa
Nov 3, 2010
I've been making this recipe for over 45 years and it's still one of my familys favorites during the holidays with a cup of tea or coffee.