Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 197 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2018
Excellent recipe ! I have been making this for Thanksgiving for Faily and Friends for years !
Oct 26, 2018
I was craving my mom's pumpkin bread and tore the house apart looking for the recipe without luck. I found this recipe and it's even better! Rave reviews every time I make it!!!
Nov 12, 2017
Love the tartness of the cranberries and the crunch of the nuts. I made it in four smaller loaf pans to I can share and freeze.
Nov 11, 2016
Oct 26, 2016
Just made this and it is very very good! Only change I made was to use coconut oil instead of canola. The tartness of the cranberries work so well. Can't wait for the rest of the family to try it out as I think they will love it, too.
Oct 3, 2016
This is such a great holiday bread recipe! I love and make the recipe just as it is. It 's wonderful to give away loaves of this bread as gifts during holiday time.
Jun 12, 2015
Nov 26, 2013
Awesome! Will definitely make again.
Nov 22, 2013
I made it in the little muffin tins and added chocolate chips. I got such raves
Nov 21, 2013
This is the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted. I have made this numerous times. My husband and kids love it. I have used dried cranberries when I could not get fresh but it was not as good as fresh. Now I stock up on cranberries around Thanksgiving and freeze them so I can make this recipe year round.