Orange-Chip Cranberry Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, oil and orange zest; mix well. Add to dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. If glaze is desired, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; spread over cooled loaves.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 220 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2013
Love this recipe. I can get 4 mini loaves from this. Because I have a small oven, I bake for 20 min. Then rotate the pan and bake another 20 min. Everybody loves it, even folks who jav never had it before.
Nov 28, 2012
I used white chocolate chips and this sweet, tart "bread" is really delicious! I'll definitely make it again.