Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 servings)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg. Add orange juice, zest, butter and hot water. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 177 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 5, 2018
This bread was delicious. It was so easy to put together. My brother couldn't stop eating it. Will make again.
Dec 17, 2016
Excellent! So quick and easy to whip up. I make one and get it in the oven and mix up a second one in the same bowl, only takes a couple of minutes. It freezes so well too. Janet. VFE
Jan 5, 2014
This bread is AMAZING!!! So easy to put together and so very, very delicious! Everybody in my family loved it! This will be made often in my household and I won't be changing a single thing about it!
Oct 31, 2011
I made this bread for my husband, while we were dating. He loved it so much that I made him another loaf, this time sharing it with his family as well. His mom, now my mother-in-law, enjoyed it so much that I shared the recipe with her.
Dec 3, 2010
A very tasty bread great for the fall/winter months. A typical comfort food.