Pretty Peach Tart
When ripe peaches finally arrive at fruit stands, this is the first recipe I reach for. It's just plain perfection—and a delightful way to celebrate their arrival! You can make the tart with other varieties of fruit, too. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds peaches (about 7 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter, sugar and nutmeg until light and fluffy. Beat in flour until blended (mixture will be dry). Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake on a middle oven rack until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches with sugar, flour, cinnamon and extract; add to crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake tart on a lower oven rack until crust is golden brown and peaches are tender, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 222 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as PEACH PRETTY TART in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.