Chicken with Tarragon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add shallot to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add cream, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until slightly thickened. Stir in 2 teaspoons tarragon, lemon juice and remaining salt. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce: 370 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 23, 2019
Great recipe. Super easy to follow. Asparagus and mash potatoes on the side. Dine and enjoy. Yum!
Jun 12, 2019
Great recipe. I give it 4 stars because it needs additional liquid to be more saucy. This is a kind of dish to serve with potatoes. Extra sauce is needed. Also I added dry sherry and extra butter. Very delicious.
Mar 13, 2019
Only thing I did differently was added more cream for extra sauce. Total hit!
Oct 12, 2018
give it 5 stars I had it with baked potato and sour cream and chives
Dec 14, 2017
Excellent, served with white rice.
Dec 13, 2017
This is so easy and delicious!! Instead of salt and pepper I like to season my chicken with Mrs. Dash original before cooking. Makes the chicken delicious and along with this sauce, excellent!
Jan 27, 2017
This is a fantastic recipe. If you love tarragon, you will love this. I will make this the rest of my life!
Nov 26, 2016
We loved the sauce on the chicken. That was the flavor part!! I'll be making this again.
Oct 28, 2016
We absolutely loved this dinner. It turned out great! I like trying new recipies, but it's a gamble, most of the time they turn out but sometimes not. This is one for my recipe box for sure.
Sep 18, 2016
I'm a little behind in reviewing this fantastic recipe. I doubled the recipe also and added the mushrooms and wine as suggested in a review. I also sliced the chicken breasts into strips...cooks faster and I know it's cooked completely. I served it over a multi-grain rice blend and saut?ed spinach in garlic oil. Next time I am going to use half Greek yogurt and half cream. Easy and wonderfully delicious.