Chicken & Bacon Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cut into thirds
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Saute onions and apples in drippings until tender. Stir in the chicken, jelly, thyme and salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 10-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
- Spread chicken mixture over pastry to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Press edges with a fork, forming a decorative border.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 693 calories, 37g fat (13g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1023mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 25, 2019
Loved this. Easy to make, budget friendly
May 24, 2013
This is rich but delicious. Next time I won't use any chicken, it didn't add anything to the recipe but cost in my opinion. My husband and mother both loved this recipe and both are quite hard to please.
Mar 16, 2012
Unusual ingredients, but taste great together! I only used one onion (it was a large one) otherwise I made it exactly as the recipe was written. Wonderful pizza like dinner , can't wait to make it again!
Mar 1, 2012
Tasted so great and was so easy to make.