Chicken with Herb Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper; flatten evenly with a mallet. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil; brown chicken over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir broth, chives, parsley, lime juice, basil, mustard and remaining butter and oil into drippings; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Feb 18, 2018
This was very yummy!
Nov 14, 2017
This was a very good recipe. The family loved it, including my 8 year old son. We will make this again.
Apr 24, 2016
Yes, double the sauce, half broth and half white wine. Fresh basil a must. I left out salt. It was great!
Jun 3, 2015
This was good. I butterflied the chicken breast and double the sauce, per reviews. I will cut back on the mustard since I did not get much herb flavor. I served it over couscous.
May 6, 2015
Yummy and easy to make! Served it with noodles.
Jan 4, 2015
Delicious! I have picky eaters and they all loved it. Will definitely make it again! Next time I will put over pasta and double the sauce. Also added wine and garlic.
Jul 23, 2013
Was delicious! My whole family enjoyed it and have asked for it again. I did make one change to the recipe by submitting spicy brown mustard for the Dijon. It was delicious.
Apr 15, 2013
Excellent and fast. It's a keeper!
Jan 6, 2013
I added a tbsp of wine to the sauce... it was delicious.
Oct 15, 2011
Fast easy and a nice change, I made myself a note to be light on the salt because of the broth. Next time I will try white wine in place of broth. Great recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.