Chicken & Garlic with Fresh Herbs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons brandy or chicken stock
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Remove skillet from heat; add halved garlic cloves and brandy. Return to heat; cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is almost evaporated, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in stock, rosemary and thyme; return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 170°, 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 2 tablespoons cooking juices: 203 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Nov 16, 2019
Prepared as is! Wouldn't change a thing. Served with buttered egg noodles and crusty italian bread.
Oct 2, 2019
I added some heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Great dish!
Feb 23, 2019
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe! I used chicken breast pieces instead of thighs, which we prefer. The chicken was delicious and I know this is something we'll be enjoying often!
May 10, 2018
Good recipe. Like others, it took more time to thoroughly cook the chicken than is indicated. I used dried herbs. It might have had better flavor if I had used fresh ones.
Jan 30, 2018
I've tried this recipe multiple times - the flavor is always great but I am giving it less stars because it is definitely not a quick dish as the directions make it seems - the chicken takes way more time to cook - directions are misleading.
Sep 17, 2017
We tried this recipe tonight & will not be making it again! The chicken took LOTS longer to cook than the recipe said, and the seasoning was not as flavorful as I would have liked.
Apr 8, 2017
I thought this was a delicious recipe and easy to prepare. I made a couple of changes.. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs as e don't care for thighs and a turned the sauce into a light gravy for my husband by mixing a little flour with chicken broth and it gave the sauce a "zing". Served it over wild rice with the gravy.. Yummy!!
Mar 16, 2017
We had guest over and doubled the recipe. Turned out great.
Feb 19, 2017
Absolutely delicious! My entire family loved it.
Feb 15, 2017
Absolutely delicious!! Definitely a keeper, kind of put me in the mind of a high end chicken dish but was so easy!! I basted the chicken with the juices with a spoon while it was simmering. If you like garlic, you will definitely like this dish.