- 1-1/4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Top with lemon slices. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
1 piece chicken with 1 cup vegetables: 264 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.