Garlicky Chicken Dinner
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Top with lemon slices. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 piece chicken with 1 cup vegetables: 264 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Dec 7, 2018
I was not impressed with this dish. I didn't think it had all that much flavor. And like another poster said, it took twice as long to cook.
Nov 15, 2018
While it does have good flavor, the dish took twice as long to cook as recommended. It was disappointing for my family who were hungry!
Oct 2, 2018
Easy one pan dish that had lots of flavor and our entire family enjoyed. Didn’t make any modifications to recipe. Thanks!