- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain; chop tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; add flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add broth, wine, parsley, seasonings and chopped tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Drain rigatoni; add to chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and toss to coat.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 398 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Jun 9, 2018
This meal tastes like one you'd be served at a restaurant. The flavor combination was just right. The only change I made was using sundried tomatoes packed in oil. I added them when I added the broth, wine, & spices - it wasn't too oily. I used a combination of chicken broth & white wine. I will definitely add this to our regular meal rotation.
May 21, 2017
This dish was delicious!!! I did double the sauce recipe, as some of the reviews suggested. I didn't have sun dried tomatoes, so just omitted them. Even my 3 year old granddaughter loved it!! Will definitely make this again!!
Aug 17, 2016
As the recipe was, I found the taste of the sun dried tomatoes a bit overpowering and it was too dry. Increased both the wine and broth to 1/2 cup each and added some chopped fresh tomatoes just before serving, tossed in. That gave it a 'brightness' and was very flavorful. (tried it with some sauteed spinach also, in addition to the chopped fresh tomatoes...nice)
Jul 17, 2016
It was good, but needed more sauce.
Jan 25, 2016
I used leftover chicken that was already cooked, which cut down on the orep time, but also probably made it less tasty.
Sep 16, 2015
I'd definitely make this recipe again. It was pretty quick to make and I had all of the ingredients on hand. I added the sun dried tomatoes when I added the chicken broth instead of soaking them. And I added some of the pasta water so it wouldn't be dry for leftovers. The flavors were great, just enough spice.
Sep 11, 2015
This is a really tasty dish. I use oil packed sun-dried tomatoes and it comes out amazing!
Jul 28, 2015
This is an amazing dish! We loved it. We opted to use oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes and were very happy with the results. It added a nice shine and punch of flavor. We also added more chicken and mushrooms. Definitely love this recipe! Thank you for sharing! - Field Editor
Dec 20, 2014
Love this dish. We use a smaller pasta, like mini penne.
Dec 10, 2014
My family loved this dish... and we loved the sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes and the great garlic flavor... will make again soon.