My friend and I worked out this recipe as a main dish for the cafeteria at work. It's also become a favorite among teenagers at our church, who make a beeline for it at potlucks.—Becky Fisk, Ashland City, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and toss to coat. Place half in a greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the pepperoni and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 448 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Pepperoni Rigatoni in Casserole Cookbook